Gemini – complete confidentiality for patient data
Uses and Objectives
- Efficient and safe access to patient records.
- Increase integrated working, diabetes, COPD, integrated care coordinators, pharmacy review.
- Ambulance service using the information to help inform choices.
- Outcomes analysis, ability to validate pathway change.
- Project Gemini – twin database utlisation.
- No patient identifiable information in the Eclipse Database.
- Secondary database within a trusted third party with encrypted (with no means of decryption) patient identifiable information.
- Allows the display of patient’s identifiable information and searching on NHS number within Eclipse and NHS Patient.
- Uses a full consent model for access and auditing.